Mykidsarecool

Mykidsarecool seems to be a name I am know by sometimes more than my given name. That is just fine with me, because when you have cool (grown) kids,You are a VERY LUCK MOM!!

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Peaks and Valleys

Remembering My Own Words!!

This was a weak of peaks and valleys, I have always told Brad and Julie that you have to have some valleys to enjoy the peaks. This was never so true as this week has shown me. On Tuesday around 1:00 PM, Richard J. Wunder III was born, the son of Lori & Rick Wunder, very dear friends, the same day, good friends lost a parent, Louis Berman, only 12 weeks before his grandson, Jacob's, Bar Mitzvah. On Thurs, we went to visit a friend who was in the same hospital as "Little Ricky" so Elliot and I ventured out to see our gravely ill friend Tom, to say goodbye and to have some closure, then in another building of the same hospital to see the new baby. I knew that this was the last time we would see Tom, so I gently kissed him on the forehead and wished for him to rest in peace and to end the suffering. We switched gears from death to life and welcomed Ricky into the world. We shed some sad and some happy tears at the same time. Shortly after the sun rose on Thursday morning, Tom lost his fought hard battle and passed away. We were grateful that we were able to have visited him in his greatest hour of need. A sure Valley in our lives. The today, Sunday, totally switching gears, we had a day full of PEAKS, Julie was honored by the Drexel U Panhellenic Council as one of 5 recipients of an Alumni Leadership award. We lunched with a wonderful group of people aboard the "Spirit of Philadelphia" were entertained and danced and danced. It was a most enjoyable afternoon. We were filled with pride and gratitude as Julie was presented with her award. A definite Nikon coolpix moment!! A huge PEAK!! I am grateful for the strength to be able to handle the Valleys as well as the Peaks!
It's a good thing!!

1 Comments:

  • At 9:15 AM, Blogger Karin said…

    I am so glad through everything this week you have stayed balanced. Congratulations Julie you have had quite a week.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home