Mykidsarecool

Mykidsarecool seems to be a name I am know by sometimes more than my given name. That is just fine with me, because when you have cool (grown) kids,You are a VERY LUCK MOM!!

Monday, March 13, 2006

Healing & Music

The Power of Music (and FOOD)

It is difficult to express into words what has transpired in the past week. Just following the shiva call we made to the Berman gang, we got the horrific news that "R", who is like a son to us, had lost his 16 yr old sister to a tragic, senseless, auto accident and suddenly, it had rippled down to affect so many of us. I am so proud of all my kids, at that moment Julie,and friends headed our of town to support "R" who needed to be surrounded by them. We ventured out of town on Wed. to pay our respects and be there for "R" at the viewing and the following day for the service. As a parent, it was probably the most difficult few days I have yet to experience. The range of emotions are intense. As I sit here now, it is still difficult to put the sequence of events into any kind of order to make any sense. We were surronded by so much sadness, but also surrounded by so much support and love. Music seems to be what I turn to, to give me some peace and a way to temporarily escape from reality. On Saturday night we attended a very spirital and inspiriatioal concert with a performance from Debbie Friedman, it was wonderful medicine for what was ailing us. I bought her greatest hits CD and began my journey of escape. Between that CD and the broadway soundtrack of "Jersey Boys" I am set for a while. Earlier in the Day on Sat. I had the pleasure of attending the kick-off of the MCC www.momobile.org Mothers day campaign Tea @ The Phila Flower Show. Had the wonderful opportunity to meet and hob knob with Carolyn Smith(the honorary co-chair, who is the mother of Phila's own "WILL Smith" It was an inspiritional afternoon.. Sunday brought the opportunity to attend the memorial for our good friend Tom who passed away last week after a long fought battle of illness. It brought back so many memories to see so many old friends and to reminess the days when the kids were young and all the trials and tribulations that came with that time in our lives. I sure hope that the days and months ahead bring an abundance off happy occasions, I could really use that right now. I am officially in wedding mode as of this morning. I have my schedule, my time line and I am totally in control with no panic in site. We are SO looking forward to B & K wedding weekend in NAPA and a time for new beginnings and new& old friends and MUSIC, MUSIC, MUSIC!!

2 Comments:

  • At 9:48 PM, Blogger Karin said…

    I am glad you could be there for R and his family this week. I still can't believe any of that really happened. I am glad that you could find the comfort of music among all of this. I think sometimes G-d knows exactly what we need to get through the hard times. I can't believe you got to see Debbie Friedman this weekend. What perfect timing. I love you guys so much I hope for a little while it will be a lot more peaks than valleys.

     
  • At 5:01 AM, Blogger Sandy said…

    Thanks Karin for you kind and warm words, it does mean alot to me!!
    Love you too!! Now it is Wedding mode time...I only want to work on Happy Stuff!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home