Mykidsarecool

Mykidsarecool seems to be a name I am know by sometimes more than my given name. That is just fine with me, because when you have cool (grown) kids,You are a VERY LUCK MOM!!

Sunday, October 21, 2007

ELIJAH WILLIAM HERMAN HAS ARRIVED

On Saturday September 29th @ 3:21 PM, Elliot and I became known by different names, You may now address us as Mom Mom Sandy & Pop Pop Elliot, we are the very proud grandparents of Elijah William Herman 8 lbs, 12 oz, 22" long, son of Brad K and Karin M Herman and MA Sharon also joins us with the bursting of Joy. Elijah sure took his good old time arriving. We arrived on the west coast on 9/12 (wed) after Karin endured a 12 hr labor that stopped on the previous Sunday. So we thought wed would be good, we could spend the High Holidays with them for the 1st time in 10 years. And that we did, and wait we did, and changed hotels we did after changing rooms twice due to lack of internet connections, Oh, yes, we were running our East coast business from the west, Elliot was amazing with his new compuer and me my MAC, yes, I have turned to a MAC after 28 years using a PC, I love it, I can visit with Elijah thru I=Viceo chat. and more waiting, each time Karin visited the doc, we still got no answers, lots of good food, way too many calories, lots of baseball, YES, of course I wait 14 years for the Phillies to make the playoffs, and they do, and i am in LA, not Philly, so there went those playoff tix, not to me, but to "Aunt Julie" Elijah's favorite aunt.(from scratch). So on 9/15 we became residents of the FP Sheraton in Culver City, a small hotel whos employees became family to me.They treated me like royalty, moved us to a suite that had 2 rooms so I would not be banished to the cafe each morning. I did find a lovely gal @ The Howard Hughs center, Cammy, she was the caretaker of my nails (hands and feet) We shared Yom Kippur with Brad & Karin's congreation which was so heart warming for us, they are so beloved by their congreation. Finally in the early morning of fri 9/28 Karin was admtted to the hosp. Cedar Siani, it was Sukkot, they had a beautiful Sukkot with goodies, it was so nice. We knew tha this was going to be a very long day, not knowing at the time that is was going to be 34 hours later before he would make his appearance into this world. After 29 hrs, Karin had an ediduril, and it was 34 hrs before it was decided that a C-sec would be best. At that point, it was only an hour or so before Brad text us with the good news. Everyone was good. Go to the website to see the next few days, the first meeting with us, the trip home, the bris, Brad with his I Phone has this site updated multiple times a day..ENJOY
www.elijahherman.com
Now the goal is to get to see them all more often! Elijah has changed our lives, brought us hope and gratitude!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home